We are delighted to announce that our new head chef, Iulia Nonu, has started work in our school kitchen.
We will share more information about our new menu and food news in the coming weeks.
We aim to make sure:
- As much of the food as possible is homemade and freshly prepared daily
- Local produce is used wherever possible
- Our own produce from the allotment is used when available
- Children discover new flavours and dishes
- The children and staff enjoy a pleasant dining experience
- The teachers sit down to eat with the children when possible
- Queuing times are limited
- Milk and water are provided
- We listen to feedback from children, parents and staff
- We encourage the children who eat packed lunches to switch to nutritious school lunches
- We teach high quality cookery lessons
- To generate a passion for good food
The secondary children eat their lunch with Fortismere. There are two canteens, one in North Wing providing food and drink to KS4 and KS5 students and one in South Wing catering to KS3 students. There is also a small cafe area in the sixth form block, which serves drinks and snacks to students in Years 12 and 13. The canteens are open for breakfast (prior to Period 1), break and lunch.
Fortismere is committed to promoting healthy eating and encourages students to take responsibility for their own health. We recognise:
- The important link between a healthy diet and a student’s ability to learn effectively and achieve high standards in school
- The need to teach students ways to establish and maintain life-long healthy and environmentally sustainable eating habits
- The link between eating healthily and reducing the likelihood of certain life-threatening illnesses as well as preventing obesity
- The role of the ‘eating environment’ in developing personal and social skills.
Harrison’s are their catering providers.